Friday, 21 January 2011

Gammon Joint and Homemade Potato Wedges or Star Wars Ninjas

First of all I must make an apology. In my last post, my intention was to highlight an interesting correlation, whereas I may have been ever so slightly sidetracked in the statement of a few harmless facts about how rubbish pirates and unicorns are. For this, I sincerely apologise. But I would like to clarify that it’s not my fault that ninjas and zombies are better.

Right, the apologies are out of the way. On with the blogging!

I, like so many other people in this world, have exams. If you are reading this post, you probably have exams too, and are procrastinating. Shame on you. If you are one of the several people reading this geared towards procrastination, just remember this: why procrastinate now when you can put it off until tomorrow? Mind you, this is coming from somebody who is clearly not revising right at this very moment, but who are you to judge? Hypocrite.

My point is, everybody needs something to take their mind off things, and one of my favourite things to do during exams is watch the Star Wars films with my girlfriend. We did so just last night (we watched Episode II: Attack of the Clones). Though it is not while watching this episode, but rather its prequel that I come across all defensive. I have a confession to make, and many of you may disagree with this, but I just have to get this off my chest.

I love Jar Jar Binks.

There it is. I’ve said it. Not in a weird inter-species way of course. But for me, he is one of the best things about that film. Sure, it has Liam Neeson in (“There’s always a bigger fish”) and the best fight scene ever choreographed, but the despairing cry of “How wooood!” brings a smile to my face every time. Feel free to disagree with me, but I can’t hide it any more.

Another thing I would like to say, relating to my previous post, is that the Jedi are awesome. Nothing is cooler than a Jedi. But all you pirate lovers think long and hard, because the Jedi are clearly the ninjas of the Star Wars universe. They are deadly with a blade (or light sabre) and masters of many fighting disciplines, and if you ever see a Jedi, you probably did something wrong and are about to have a nice smoking cauterised stump where your arm used to be (they love to cut off arms, those Jedi).

In this analogy, the pirates of the Star Wars universe are most likely the bounty hunters. You may cry “But what about Han Solo? He’s the most kick-ass pirate in all of the outer-rim territories!” And I will admit, he has his pirate moments, but who does he team up with? A Jedi. Living proof that while they may have their differences, ninjas and pirates can live together in harmony and achieve great things.

Even if pirates are crap.


P.S. I will try and stop talking about ninjas and pirates soon, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment